Main Menu

1990 964 backfiring/stalling

Engine

Vehicle Information: Model: 964; Year: 1990; Body Type: Coupe; Total Mileage: 129,000;

Joel..I have 2 issues. I have owned the car ( my first Porsche ) for a year. It was very well maintained previously. Recently ( last 2 months ) it has started to backfire ( actually sounds like a muffled poof ) when accelerating ( usually in 2nd ). This has become consistent. The last 2 weeks it has been stalling when I come to a stop, push in the clutch and take it out of gear. The rpm (tach) always drops down to zero momentarily. About 75% of the time it will recover in a second to 800 rpm. The other 25% of the time it stalls. This has also become consistent. Both distributors are working. Any ideas ? Thanks. John

You must log in to view answers associated with technical questions. Join PCA to participate in our community.
No votes yet