Main Menu

1995 993 shifter noise

Transmission and Clutch

Vehicle Information: Model: 993; Year: 1995; Body Type: Coupe; Total Mileage: 13000;

Yes, the part 928-116-145-03 is called out as a "clutch ball cup" for the 928 but I have physically installed the part on the ball end of my old shifter and it slips into both receptacles of the rod ends, as though it were made for them. The material of this cup seems somewhat more compliant as though it would be less apt to dry out and crack like the old ones. While I'd hate to have to install one on a dark, rainy night by the side of the road, it would beat being stranded and would certainly be better than paying for a tow, a night in a motel and waiting to receive the complete rod assembly for about $100 plus express freight! Considering the age of our cars, replacing the cups on both ends of the rod assembly would seem to be an excellent preventative maintenance procedure....for less than $30!

You must log in to view answers associated with technical questions. Join PCA to participate in our community.
No votes yet