Main Menu

Convertible Top arms


Vehicle Information: Year: 1997; Engine (type, size, modifications): 2.5 H6; Total Mileage: 44000;

I have broken the plastic ball joints at the ends of my convertible top arms several times now. I have been operating the top manually for the last few months as I don't want to shell out another $100 for two new arms. First, can I buy just the plastic ball joint, or do I have to buy the whole arm? Second, I believe the problem is common to first year Boxsters. The breakage is caused by flex on the plastic transmission mounts. When the mounts flex outward, one of the arms will invariably pop off, causing stress to the other, which often ends up in broken plastic and angry owner. Can I fix this? Can I replace the plastic mounts? Is this really a common problem, or do I have a problem Boxster?

You must log in to view answers associated with technical questions. Join PCA to participate in our community.
No votes yet