Main Menu

Coolant Flush

  • 2007
  • Cayman
Mileage: 
99 000
Engine
Ottawa, 
Ontario

I was only able to remove about 60% of the coolant. Was the remaining 40% still locked in the heating system? What about "opening the thermostat"? Was I meant to do that somehow by heating up the engine? If so, would that not have made the coolant too pressurized to drain safely? The Pelican Parts guide I followed made no mention about either of these issues. Stupidly, I did not measure the amount I removed before moving to refill, so the car now has 60% new mixed with 40% old coolant. 

 

You must log in to view answers associated with technical questions. Join PCA to participate in our community.
No votes yet